Tuesday 15 July 2008

Why do we blog?

So I,ve got a blog.

I never thought it would happen as I have always thought why would anyone give a crap about what I have to say.

However, I,ve realized the appeal of the blog is for the writer. Everyone loves to express an opinion plus with a blog your technically a published writer and of course there is always that element that maybe your blog will become the one that everyone wants to read. There was one was one featured in The Metro about National Rail (god people love moaning about transport!) that had thousands of hits a day.

I was having a conversation with my 'media' pals the other day and we have decided that the only people that really give a dam about blogs are people in advertising. This was confirmed by my 'non advertising' friends who had never heard of twitter, blogs or user generated content. So really whats happening is that the advertising industry is being fed by the advertising industry and your consumer basically doesn't really give a dam about advertising, a lesson learned?

No comments: